Any University employee (Petty Cash/Change Fund Custodian, Staff, Student and Volunteer/Docent) who is performing any part of the cashiering function (receiving, receipting, depositing and reconciling) is required to complete Cash Handling and Receiving training. This training will review Policy 8.10, Robbery Safety Procedures, what to look for when accepting checks and credit cards and authenticating money.
- Learn how to make deposits and handle large amounts of cash
- Learn the Bursar's Office and Cash Management responsibilities when it comes to handling and depositing monies
- Learn how to reconcile your deposits to your accounts
- Find out "What to do in case of a Robbery" - UAPD presentation
- Learn the importance of having written Cash Receiving procedures
- Understand how to safe-keep undeposited funds
- Recommended by Internal Audit for people who are accepting monies and/or making deposits on behalf of the University
To take the class:
- Log into UAccess Learning using your NetID and password
- Go to Find Learning
- Click on arrow next to Certification: Cash Handling & Receiving (FSOCRTCash)
- Click Register
- Click Submit Registration, which will also automatically enroll you in the self-paced class
- Click the name of the class at the bottom left to begin the class
Please contact the merchants [at] fso [dot] arizona [dot] edu (Banking Services Coordinator) at 621-1711 to schedule a training session for large groups.