The University of ArizonaThe University of Arizona
Bursar's OfficeBursar's Office

Request to Send Financial Aid to a Temporary Address

Financial Aid proceeds are mailed to your residence hall/mailing address. You can verify or change your mailing address in UAccess. If you will not be at your mailing address when financial aid checks are mailed, you must file an "Authorization to Mail Financial Aid Form". You can request an authorization form at the Bursar's Office in the University Services Building, Room 106. Your student identification card or valid driver's license is required when completing this form in person.

If you are unable to complete the request in person, download and fill out the authorization form below COMPLETELY, and send it to our mailing address. Unsigned forms will be returned for signature, delaying your aid. Please print "Attention: Authorization Letter" on the front of the envelope. You are strongly encouraged to complete the request in person, as mailing it to us can result in significant delays.

Funds sent by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) lenders will be mailed to the address specified on your authorization form when financial aid is credited to your student account. Please view the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid calendar for disbursement dates.

If you have selected a non-EFT lender, the paper loan check must be sent to you for endorsement. The co-payable paper loan check will be stamped with a "For Deposit Only - University of Arizona" endorsement stamp, and then mailed to the address specified on your authorization form. Endorse the back of the check above the stamp, and return the check to our mailing address. Once received, provided that you meet all financial aid criteria, the funds will credit your Bursar account and pay off any balance owed the University. The remaining loan proceeds will be directly deposited into your bank account or mailed to your mailing address, depending on the delivery method you've selected in UAccess.

If you are studying abroad, the Bursar's Office recommends using an EFT lender, as the loan process is slower when using a non-EFT lender.

Important Notes

  • Authorization forms are only good for one semester. You must submit a new authorization form each semester!
  • The form must be received in the Bursar's Office at least 1 week before your aid arrives.
Mail Aid Authorization Letter164.12 KB