The University of Arizona has a master service agreement with the Eventbrite management application. Eventbrite offers a suite of services to facilitate online meeting promotion, registration, payment collection, and reporting. The services are based around a series of self-explanatory templates that allow a department to develop a customized meeting registration site.
To learn more about the many capabilities of the event manager applications, visit the Eventbrite website.
To use the service and take advantage of our discount contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account.
How hard is it to use the event management applications?
Previous users have found that Eventbrite very easy to use. The service walks you through the process of building a meeting registration website, with lots of help along the way. Eventbrite also provides a help portal, online and offline resources, and live training.
What are the costs?
Eventbrite: The current rates are 2.5% +$.99 per registration and a flat rate of 3.00% for credit card gateway fee. If the event is a free event, no registration charges are assessed.
There is no set up fee for Eventbrite.
Do I have my own account?
Yes, you are provided a subaccount, which you manage and are based on the campus master account. Once it is decided to set up an account, you contact us and we initialize the subaccount. You manage your account thereafter.
How do the event managers handle registration fees?
The registration fees for you at the time of registration. The system allows you to set up the registration fee to be paid by attendee; however, we suggest that you simply include the registration fee in the event/conference registration. You will be sent a net (registration minus registration fee) on a bi-weekly basis or after the event check.
Do we get charged if it is a free event?
Eventbrite does not assess a registration fee for free events.
How can we take payments at the event?
- Credit Card security is always of utmost importance to the campus, you can utilize registration at an event on a secure (hardened) lap top which can only access Eventbrite. Contact your IT department to discuss the lap top security/hardening process. You could also accept checks/cash at the event. Please see Cash Handling Policy 8.10 for guidance.
- If on site and face to face transactions will occur, an analog point of sale terminal, cellular point of sale terminal or phone authorization account may be rented from the Bursar’s office. (Please contact Bursar’s office to reserve early. The units are out quite frequently.)
Are there any user requirements?
- All event or department personnel that have access to payment card (credit card) information must view or attend Payment Card Security Awareness Training. Follow the Online Training option and sign the Security Awareness acknowledgment form after viewing. The form must be kept in departments records.
- At no time will a department staff member enter credit card information through the Admin Registration function of Eventbrite, or on a University owned desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone. Information can only be entered via a hardened secure laptop.
- All accounting reports and reconciling of the event must be reviewed weekly. Records to be retained according to the University retention period.
Can we use other Event Management services other than Eventbrite?
The selection of Eventbrite as a campus agreement was made through the procurement process. Eventbrite was selected as a result of price and acceptance of our State statute agreement language. Other Event management services would not agree to the mandatory agreement language.
Be aware that a department must discuss any vendor agreements through Procurement and Contracting (PACS).