Department Change Funds

Departments authorized to perform cashiering functions use Change Funds. Change Funds are cash advances that can be identified as long term (ongoing) or short term (less than 6 months). Never establish a Change Fund by withholding receipts from deposits to University accounts (Policy 8.10, Cashiering Function #15). Refer to Policy 8.15 Change Fund for more information.  Petty Cash Funds are not to be used for Change Fund purposes.  Refer to Policy 9.19 for questions regarding petty cash funds or contact FSO Cash and Clearing at 621-7987 or

Departments that would like to perform cashiering functions must get approval from the Bursar Banking Services Coordinator. Departments must agree to comply with regulations outlined in Policy 8.10.

Please contact the Bursar Banking Services Coordinator for more information or to make arrangements.

If you experience problems reconciling the custodial agreement (Policy 8.10, Policy section #5), contact Financial Management – Cash and Clearing.