Insufficient Funds Check Return (NSF)

Financial Management – Cash and Clearing handles the Returned Check chargebacks from departmental deposits. Checks that are part of a departmental deposit are returned for: Non-sufficient funds, stop payments, stale-dating, foreign item or non-negotiable items are debited from the University's bank statement. Bursar Accounting will contact the department stamped on the back of the returned item for the purpose of obtaining an account number for the receivable.

Bursar Accounting only handles the returned check chargebacks for Non-UAccess deposits. That is, those checks that make up that department's deposit and do not affect any student's UAccess account. Please contact the Bursar's Office for questions regarding returned checks for student transactions.

For further information, see the Policy 8.32.