The Bursar's Office receives a number of similar questions each day. Click on a question below to view the answer.
Student fees are an important source of funding for valuable programs and services on our campuses. The university relies on funding from fees to support various ongoing operations, so fees that you pay this semester are critical to providing continued excellent services, in-person and virtually, now and in future semesters.
Fees are calculated into our Estimated Cost of Attendance, which is important to how we receive funds from the government to be used for students’ federal financial aid. The Estimated Cost of Attendance is set well in advance of the academic year in order to provide sufficient time for calculating and disbursing accurate aid packages for students. Any refund of fees jeopardizes the accuracy of financial aid awards. However, we can refund some fees on an as-requested basis.
Before you request a fee refund, we ask you to consider the significance of the fee as a source of funding for important programs in future semesters. Any fees you are willing and able to pay now are an investment in the university experience for you and all Wildcats in the future.
Should you wish to continue to request fee waivers you can follow the instructions provided on the linked web pages for the following waive-able fees. Any other fees you see on your statement are mandatory and cannot be waived.
- Recreation Center Program Fee
- Approved by student vote, this fee assists with the funding of Campus Recreation programs.
- Student Media Fee
Approved by student vote, this fee supports the student-run campus media organizations KAMP radio, UATV and the Daily Wildcat.
- Wildcat Events Board Fee
Approved by student vote, this fee assists with funding Wildcat Events Board programs that create opportunities for students to engage with each other and participate in fun, social, and educational events. The Wildcat Events Board is dedicated to bringing about a greater spirit of unity, school pride, and giving back to the student body.
- Athletics Fee
This fee supports athletics programs, facilities and improvement of the student and fan experience. The fee provides students free access to most ticketed sports. Upon request, the Athletics Department will refund the Spring 2021 Athletics fee, due to the impacts of the pandemic.
Your residency classification for tuition purposes and lawful U.S. presence statuses can be found in UAccess Student on the Demographic Data page. If your Lawful Presence (Prop 300) status is not showing as "verified" then you should submit your documentation to the Registration and Transcripts Office (Administration Building, main floor). If your residency classification for tuition purposes is incorrect you should contact the Residency Classification Office.
- To change or update your address(es) online, go to UAccess and select Personal, then Addresses. Account Statements are mailed to your Billing address. Refunds are mailed to your Mailing address.
- To change or update your address(es) in person, go to the Registrar's Office, Administration Building Room 210.
- For audit reasons, the Bursar's Office may not update student addresses.
Payment / Refund Information
Financial Aid Information
- Grants, loans, scholarships, stipends, and waivers will begin posting to student accounts within 10 days prior to the first day of the semester, if they have been received by the University and provided you have met all financial aid disbursement requirements.
- Once your aid posts to your account, any balance due will be deducted.
- If your aid was greater than your balance due, the residual funds will be delivered to you by check or electronically (ACH) to your bank account. To select ACH, go to UAccess and select 'Enroll in Web Refund' from the drop down menu under Finances.