Third-party agencies provide a guarantee of payment for a student's tuition and fees. Qualifying third parties may be corporations, vocational rehabilitation offices, and government agencies.
The Bursar's Office manages domestic third parties. Global Initiatives manages international sponsors.
Deadlines for Financial Guarantee Letters
The last day a financial guarantee letter will be accepted is:
- (Without late charges) the Tuition Payment Deadline for each semester
- (With late charges)
- Fall and Spring Semesters: the 21st day of the semester
- Summer and Winter Sessions: the first day of the session
Requirements for Financial Guarantee Letters
- The name of the student must exactly match the name on file at the University
- The length of the guarantee must be stated and cannot be less than one semester
- The letter must include a statement regarding the charges the agency will pay (for example tuition, program fees, mandatory fees and courses fees) and the maximum dollar amount or percentage
- Billing instructions must include a U.S. address
- We cannot bill for student health insurance; students will need to contact Campus Health, and have them bill their third party
Email letters of financial guarantee to FSO-BursarAR@fso.arizona.edu.
Mail letters of financial guarantee to:
- The University of Arizona
Attn: Third-Party Student Liaison
888 N. Euclid Ave. Rm. 106
Tucson, AZ 85721
Canceling a Financial Guarantee Letter
- Notify the Bursar's Office in writing before the first day of classes for that semester
- Cancellations will not be accepted once classes have begun unless full payment is received from the student