NOTE: When Financial Aid disburses, Financial Aid funds will first pay any outstanding charges on the student account. If there are any funds remaining, students will automatically receive a refund.
Title IV Authorization
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) regulations only allow schools to use your Federal Student Aid to pay for current academic year institutional charges, unless you have granted permission to apply these funds to non-allowable charges. For additional information and instructions for granting authorization, see Title IV Authorization.
Requesting Cancellation or Reduction of Loans
If a student receives a refund from Financial Aid awards, but decides that they want to cancel or reduce the amount of a loan they previously accepted, they must:
- Contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) to request the reduction in aid
- OSFA should place an "FRH" hold on the student account
- The student can then contact us to have the refund check redeposited to the student account
Temporary Address Change
If the student is not enrolled in Web Refund and will not be at their residence hall/mailing address when refund checks are mailed, they can:
- Submit an Authorization to Mail Financial Aid form
- Authorization forms are only good for one semester
- The form must be received in the Bursar's Office at least 1 week before aid arrives