A temporary loan may be available to qualified students. There are two types of loans: Registration Loans will only pay tuition and registration charges, and Cash Loans will allow funds to be disbursed. All encumbrances must be paid in full before a cash loan can be disbursed.
To avoid late charges, the temporary loan must be applied to the account by the payment deadline for each semester. Please refer to the payment due dates.
To obtain a temporary loan, the following steps must be completed:
- Go to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, Administration Building , Room 203, to fill out a temporary loan application. Please allow 2 business days for processing.
- If approved, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will send the promissory note to the Bursar's Office.
- Go to the Bursar's Office, University Services Building, Room 106, to sign the promissory note.
- If a credit balance remains on your account, you will receive a check.
- Any credits received will be applied towards the temporary loan and any other encumbrances on your account.
All steps must be completed before registration is considered complete.
Past Due Debt on Temporary Loans
If you have a past due debt, you are considered financially ineligible to register and will be restricted from registering, obtaining transcripts, grades, diplomas, etc., until the outstanding debt is paid. The hold will be lifted the second business day after the account balance is paid in full. See Holds and Collections for more information.