Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR), Educational Assistance Program (EAP), and Domestic Partner Tuition Program (DPTP)
- Enables eligible active and officially retired employees, their spouses and qualified dependents, to enroll for classes at reduced tuition rates
- To utilize this benefit, employees must submit an application each semester
- In order for the QTR to be processed, the student must have Verification of Lawful Presence
For instructions, eligibility, application, and deadlines go to the Human Resources - Educational Benefits web page.
Applications must be processed, and all fees must be paid by the Tuition Payment Deadline to avoid late charges.
For the Fall and Spring Semesters, the last day to submit an application is the 35th day of the semester for which the tuition reduction will be applied. The last day to submit an application for all summer sessions is the last day for refunds for Summer Session 1.
How to Prevent Late Charges for Pending QTR
If the QTR hasn't posted to the student account, the student must:
- Verify that all forms have been submitted to HR
- Deduct the amount of the expected QTR benefit from the current account balance and pay the remaining balance by the Tuition Payment Deadline
- View account activity on UAccess to verify that the QTR benefit has applied
Tuition Reduction Rates
View QTR rates under the Cost of Tuition & Fees.
The QTR / EAP / DPTP does not cover the following fees/charges: