The Veterans Services Office at The University of Arizona works in partnership with the Veterans Administration to assist veterans and their eligible dependents in the GI Bill® Education Benefits Program.
If you are using Post 9/11 GI-Bill (Chapter 33) benefits you will NOT need a tuition deferment. Once you have submitted your veteran certification request, a CH 33 Veteran code will be put on your account which will prevent any Late Charges being charged. If you are receiving Financial Aid, it will pay towards your balance. When the VA makes a payment you will be refunded the difference.
If you are using Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35), Montgomery GI-Bill Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606) or Montgomery GI-Bill (Chapter 30), you may qualify for a deferred payment of tuition and fees. If you qualify for the tuition deferment, you will have until the last day of classes to pay your tuition and fees.
To obtain a Veteran deferment, the following steps must be completed:
- Submit a veteran certification request through UAccess
- If eligible, the Office of Veteran Services will email a promissory note to the student's UA email account
- Once received, take the promissory note to the Bursar's Office
- All other charges must be paid prior to applying the Veteran deferment
UA South students must email email@example.com.
To avoid late charges, the deferment must be applied to the account by the Tuition Payment Deadline for each semester.
Past Due Debt on Veteran Deferments
- Interest accrues on past due Veteran deferments at 18% per annum
- Refer to Holds and Collections for more information