Insufficient Funds (NSF) Check Return

Financial Services Cash Management handles the returned check chargebacks from departmental deposits. Checks that are part of a departmental deposit can be returned for:

  • Non-sufficient funds
  • Stop payments
  • Stale-dating
  • Foreign items
  • Non-negotiable items

These funds are debited from the University's bank statement. Cash Management will contact the department stamped on the back of the returned item for the purpose of obtaining an account number for the receivable.

Cash Management only handles the returned check chargebacks for non-UAccess deposits. That is, those checks that make up the department's deposit and do not affect any student's UAccess account. Please contact the Bursar's Office for questions regarding returned checks for student transactions.

For further information, refer to Policy 8.32.